Is YesStyle dropshipping or not? Find out!
YesStyle is an independent e-commerce brand that sources products from different Korean fashion brands and suppliers and ships to customers internationally. They do not support dropshipping! More so, all YesStyle orders include YesStyle’s logos and invoices.
There has been a buzz online forums especially Reddit as to whether YesStyle are dropshippers themselves!
Is YesStyle dropshipping since they retail products from other Korean suppliers? Are they an e-commerce inventory brand or is YesStyle business model a mix of dropshipping and ecommerce inventory?? This is what we are going to be discussing in this article!
How does YesStyle operate ?
YesStyle is a Korean fashion ecommerce brand, they have a collection of beautiful K-fashion dresses, cosmetics and beauty products on their website.
YesStyle does not manufacture its own products and products retailed by YesStyle are sourced from known Korean fashion brands like Barrel, Secretlabel, Shebeach, Mix x Mix, Chuu and other suppliers.
Unlike Aliexpress, where you can find suppliers who support dropshipping and so, would agree to ship products orders you recieve on your website, to your customers without the supplier’s branded invoices or packages! YesStyle doesn’t support dropshipping and all YesStyle orders are shipped with their logos and branded invoices.
YesStyle is also not an e-commerce marketplace like Amazon or Ebay! YesStyle does not allow multi sellers on their website. All products are sourced and sold by YesStyle.
Is the business model of Yesstyle dropshipping?
The business model of YesStyle is generally not dropshipping but an e-commerce retail brand. This is because Yesstyle sources fashion products and stocks them in its warehouse and is able to ship orders within 24 hours for products that are in stock in its warehouse.
This is why in-stock YesStyle products are usually delivered within 7 days (excluding weekends and holidays) to their customers in America using local courier services like USPS.
However, YesStyle can arguably be said to have a bit of private label dropshipping in its processes and this is because when a product is out of stock in YesStyle’s warehouse, it’s usually indicated on their website that the product is out of stock and would ship “within 21 days” In such a case, its private label dropshipping whereby YesStyle sources the product from a supplier and ships same directly to thier customers in YesStyle’s branded packages and invoices.
Dropshipping is an ecommerce fulfillment model where the dropshipper does not keep stock of the products but instead markets the products on an ecomerce site and products orders are shipped to the customers by a third-party supplier usually without the branded packages and invoices of that supplier. You can check our free course on starting a dropshipping business!
Why is Yesstyle so popular?
- Shipping; YesStyle’s shipping is considerably fast to North America. Products in stock usually ship within 24 hours and products out of stock usually ship within 21 days. Products in stock which ship within 24 hours are often delivered to customers in North America within 7 days. YeStyle products often have free shipping if you meet the free shipping threshold which is usually placed at orders above $25. A key thing to note is that YesStyle policy states that “the customer is considered as the importer of the purchased product and would be responsible for any custom-related fees”
- K-Fashion collection; YesStyle has a good collection of K-fashion brands from reputable Korean designers like Barrel, Secretlabel, Shebeach, Mix x Mix and Chuu! Chuu’s popular motto “Make the dream of being 25 years old forever a reality for all women that is the most radiant and beautiful”. They also have beautiful K-fashion outfits from other less-popular brands. One thing to keep in mind when shopping Korean brands is the size! An American size “S” could mean a Korean size “L”.
- Pricing; YesStyle prices are generally affordable! Although it might not be the Cheapest ecommerce store to purchase Asian style products! For example; Aliexpress products are generally listed cheaper than products on YesStyle and Aliexpress has multiple sellers, to enable a buyer to compare prices across sellers. Nevertheless people don’t mind buying products from YesStyle mainly because you’d get all product orders delivered at once but with Aliexpress, the flaw is that you’d get different products from different sellers delivered at different times even though all products were bought at one purchase.
- Freebies; YesStyle gives lots of freebies! Usually when you meet the threshold for free shipping, you’d not only get free shipping but you’d most likely also get a gift item!
- Customer experience; YesStyle has been around for years! The company was founded in 2006. It’s a legit e-commerce brand, customer service is quite supportive. At the time of writing this article in july 2021, YesStyle has a 4.5 rating on AliExpress with 68, 753 reviews!
YesStyle business model vs dropshipping
YesStyle is more of an e-commerce inventory brand or can arguably be seen as a private label dropshipping business only in cases where a product is out of stock in their warehouse and they have to source it and ship it from a supplier to their customers in YesStyle’s branded packages.
Nevertheless, the fact that YesStyle stocks products in their warehouses and ships products in their branded packages and invoices makes YesStyle an independent e-commerce brand and not generally a dropshipping business!
An independent E-commerce inventory brand or private labeling is the holy grail. In my opinion, the milestone most successful dropshippers try to attain.
I have always expressed that dropshipping is not a sustainable business model! It’s a good way to make money online, get into the e-commerce space, learn digital marketing skills and research an e-commerce niche but it’s not a viable business model in the long run!
This is because typical dropshipping comes with little control over shipping times, quality, customer experience, product differentiation and brand recognition!
My recommendation is always to transition into an e-commerce brand once your dropshipping store starts getting traction! This way you have more control over the general customer experience and differentiate your brand! This would definitely give you a competitive advantage!
Let’s look at this from a practical example;
I found a top product listing on YesStyle and it was selling for $14.16
I also found same top listed on Aliexpress selling for an average of $9.06 and one seller on Aliexpress even listed same top for $2.60
Looking at this price difference, why would customers not buy from a global brand like Aliexpress.com where the products are cheaper or from a dropshipper retailing the same product for a cheaper price?
Why would anyone even buy from YesStyle if they could get the same product cheaper elsewhere?
YesStyle has been able to build an ecommerce an brand and differentiate their service. People will choose to shop on YesStyle because of their brand recognition and the customer experience they offer. I was able to browse comments on forums like Quora and Reddits and most comments seemed to like YesStyle because they could get a variety of K-fashion products delivered to them at one purchase.
I love Aliexpress because it’s cheap but if I ever just wanted to shop from a broad category of K-fashion products and have them all delivered at once, then I’d be shopping on YesStyle or shipping from a single seller on Aliexpress.
Is YesStyle’s dropshipping? No! Does YesStyle support dropshipping? No! If your looking to source dropshipping products then YesStyle isn’t a good fit and you should see our list of Europe, UK and US based dropshipping suppliers.
I hope this article helps! Please don’t forget to share this article using any of the social share buttons below. We really appreciate your support! (Smiles)